1. Tell Us About Yourself. I was born in Memphis, Tennessee raised in Indianapolis, Indiana where I currently live, and attended highschool in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania at The Episcopal Academy. 1. I am a senior studying Neuroscience and doing physical therapy and human movement research at Feinberg Medical School. I also volunteer at Feinberg’s hospital currently […]
Author Archives: Diverse Medicine
Congratulations to Magaly! Student of the Week!
1. Tell us about yourself. I, Magaly Cabrera-Ortiz, am the proud daughter of naturalized citizens from El Salvador and Peru. Aside from my parents, I have two brothers and am the middle child. When I am not studying, I can be found working out at the gym or actively involved with sports including soccer (intramural, women, […]
Congratulations to Nicole! Student of the Week!
1. Tell us about yourself. My name is Nicole, and I am 25 years old. I studied operations research and financial engineering at Princeton University. I am currently working on my masters in biostatistics from Brown University and will be graduating in June 2020. I am also a dual Dominican-American citizen and whatever specialty I end up […]
Congratulations to Ragul! Student of the Week!
1. Tell us about yourself. Hello! I’m a senior at the University of Arkansas majoring in Biology. I came to Arkansas as a child and have been here ever since! I like to binge watch Netflix, go to different coffee ships and go hiking often! 2. Who was your favorite teacher in school and how did […]
Congratulations to Bolaji! Student of the Week!
1. Tell us about yourself. I’m a senior at Ohio University, majoring in Biological Sciences. In my free time I love to read, work-out and try new food. My main extracurriculars are my volunteer positions with a food bank/soup kitchen and hospice care. Due to growing up in similar conditions, I plan to serve underserved […]
Congratulations to Nichelle. Student of the Week.
1. Tell us about yourself. My name is Nichelle. I’m 22 years old and obtained my B.A in Psychology at Brooklyn College in May 2019. I love psychology and am working to become a Psychiatrist. Currently, I am at Texas Southern University completing my pre-med post-bac. 2. Who was your favorite teacher in school and […]
Thanks for your service!
On this day we celebrate our vets! Thanks to all the veterans out there including Afghanistan vet, Greg Proctor who has been an active member on Diverse Medicine supporting his peers and was even voted premed of the year 2018. Below are some of his recent pictures while deployed to West Africa. While there, he […]
Congratulations to Jamar! Student of the Week!
1. Tell us about yourself. Hello, I am graduating from Texas Southern University in Fall 2019 with a B.S in Biology and a minor in Chemistry. I am currently working in psychiatry, learning ways to increase awareness of the role mental health plays in our lives, there is a greater acceptance that mental health is of […]
Congratulations to Jennifer! Student of the Week!
1.Tell us a little bit about yourself. Hello everyone! My name is Jennifer Odoi and I am a rising Junior at Tulane University, majoring in Public Health and minoring in International Development. I was born in London, England but grew up in Dallas, Texas. I just finished up an internship with the National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA), […]
Congratulations to Oumou! Student of the Week!
1. Tell us a little bit about yourself. Hello everyone! My name is Oumou Fofana and I’m going to be a senior biochemistry major at the Ohio State University. I am Guinean-American and the oldest of five children. I was born in Brooklyn, New York but lived in Columbus for most of my life. I tend […]